You don’t always have to be extravagant when it comes to Valentine’s Day. In fact I think the more thoughtful the gift the more memorable. And I know that many are trying to save money and not be so crazy with the spending. So with that being said, here are some great romantic and cheap ideas for Valentine’s Day.
1. Cooking your favorite dinner together at home: Dinner at home is much more intimate and special and it can bring about some great memories for the two of you. Spend some quality time together in the kitchen. Turn off the TV, turn on the slow music and start cooking! The food that is. Here is a list of the Top 5 Aphrodisiac Dishes
2. Write a love letter or a poem: Putting your feelings down on paper is not easy, but I think it is one of the most romantic things you can do. We are always so busy coming and going, that sometimes we take our relationships for granted. Ask yourself, when was the last time you sat down and told your significant other how much they mean to you and why. You don’t have to be a great writer, just sincere. They will definitely appreciate it.
3. Love Coupons: Gotta love the L-O-V-E coupons. A little cheesy, but fun. You can make them whatever you would like. For example…Half hour massage in the candle light. A TV free night, where you spend one on one time together. An all inclusive pamper each other night. Or some quality and romantic time in the bedroom. The more creative the better.
4. Chocolate fondue with your favorite fruits: Ahhh nothing is sweeter than chocolate, except for your honey of course. So what a great combination. The two of you together, candles going, fireplace on(if you have one) and a fondue pot of chocolate along with your favorite fruits, i.e. strawberries, bananas, oranges. Oooh and just feeding them to one another, how wonderful. And then you could possible use that chocolate in other areas, but I am leaving that one to your imagination.
5. Breakfast in Bed: Show off your culinary skills and pamper your partner at the same time! Treat your love to the ultimate expression of romance with a romantic breakfast in bed. They’ll be sure to appreciate your hard work and effort, and hopefully they’ll return the favor!
6. Little Love Letters: I love to do this one for my husband. I will take post it notes and write things like, “you are the best husband ever” or “you are my best friend” and “I heart you!” Then I hide them in different places, such as his sock drawer or in his pockets of his work clothes. His wallet, or where ever I know he will look and be surprised. I just like to give him little reminders of how special he is to me.
7. A trail of flower petals: Here we are again in the bedroom, but its just so much fun. Learning, exploring, taking time out for one another. Drinking champagne and caressing one another. You can’t beat that.
Valentine’s Day is a great day to say I LOVE YOU in a special way, but so is any other day of the week, month or year. Be spontaneous. All these ideas can be used on any day. And I am sure you can think of many more. Just remember why you feel in love in the first place and hold that dear to your heart and please share your romantic ideas with us!